Dublin Horse Show
9-13 August 2017
The Dublin Horse Show is one of Ireland's largest events. Welcoming 100,000 visitors both from Ireland and from all over the world, it is without doubt one of the highlights of the summer.
With an array of national & international show jumping competitions and world class equestrian entertainment, great shopping, delicious food, music & fantastic daily entertainment.
Kids will stay entertained at the ever popular Kids’ Zone and the style lovers can soak up the fashion & atmosphere at festival favourite; Ladies’ Day.
This year, the popular equestrian event will be held from Wednesday the 9th until Sunday the 13th of August in the RDS Ballsbridge.
Visitors wishing to shop will be spoilt for choice, with over 300 shopping stands to choose from. A quarter of these exhibitors are from overseas.
Besides the array of fantastic equine competitions and equestrian entertainment in the various rings and arenas around the showgrounds, there are various acts roving around the RDS. Bringing an almost festival feel to the full five days, circus-like acts will be roaming the RDS such as stiltwalkers. The much loved Horse Show mascot Conor the Capall will of course be onsite trotting around with the Horse Show papparazzi.
The ever popular Kids' Zone will keep children entertained with an inflatable slide, a bouncing castle, as well as face painting and pony rides.
Regarded as one of the top three equestrian shows in the world, the Dublin Horse Show has become a fabled summer experience, an occasion that this August will seamlessly combine horses, style and socialising as it does every year. International riders mix with the best national and junior riders in Ireland at this celebration event. They compete for the almost €1 million prize fund in famous competitions including the Aga Khan Trophy in the FEI Nations’ Cup, the prestigious Longines International Grand Prix and the spectacular Land Rover Puissance
Family of 6 (max 2 adults, 4 children: €60 (€55 on Sunday)
Buy tickets online at ticketmaster.ie or call 0818 719 300
- Showing Classes and National & International Show Jumping Competitions including;
- FEI Nations Cup™ for the Aga Khan Trophy on Friday, August 11
- Land Rover Puissance on Saturday, August 12
- International Grand Prix presented by Longines on Sunday, August 13
- Shopping Village with 300 shopping stands
- A range of restaurants and food stands
- Live Music & Family Entertainment
- Kids’ Zone – inc. Bouncy Castles, Face Painters, Pony Rides, Balloon Artists and more
- Crafts Awards - The RDS Craft Awards is an open platform for Irish craftspeople to have their work assessed by an independent judging panel of Irish and international craft experts. The prize fund in 2017 is in excess of €30,000.
- RDS Library Exhibition
- Dundrum Town Centre Ladies Day on Thursday, August 10
- Social day out