A Message from The Loughran Family
We hope you and your loved ones are safe and well. No doubt, after prolonged lockdown, you are looking forward to a well-deserved break.
In May we quietly celebrated 65 years as Dublin’s oldest independent family-run hotel. Over that time, we have survived a great many challenges with determination and effort.
Our loyal staff are an extension of our family, some of whom have been with us for decades. We felt the loss of many of our wonderful team who couldn’t be with us during lockdown. We are delighted and relieved to have them return to continue providing excellent service to our guests.
We are grateful to the small team, who continued to work in the hotel throughout lockdown. They have taken responsibility to assist us in protecting the business and ensuring maintenance of standards, leaving us in a position to safely resume looking after our guests.
While COVID-19 has had a seismic financial impact, the health and wellbeing of our staff and guests is of far greater importance. We have procedures in place including social distance marking, hand sanitisers, staff training in safety protocol, limiting room reletting to allow for thorough cleaning, and regular cleaning of touchpoints and public areas. A more detailed outline of our extensive health and safety procedures: https://www.sandymounthotel.ie/health-and-safety.html
We will continue to monitor Government and IHF guidelines to ensure best practice is applied.
Since the government re-opening announcement, we have seen a significant uptake in bookings. It is wonderful to see many regular guests planning to return to us.
Whether you are familiar with us or considering your first visit, we would like to remind you of some of the reasons for choosing Sandymount Hotel:
· Family Run - You will be supporting a uniquely Irish family-owned and operated hotel.
· History – 65 continuous years of providing excellent service to our guests.
· Staff – A dedicated professional team, many of whom are with us for years.
· Luxury 4* Standards – The hotel has recently completed an €8 million upgrade.
· Green Awards – Winner of Europe’s leading green hotel, 2017, 2018 & 2019.
· Space - Set in over 2 acres, there are lovely spaces indoors and outdoors.
· Location – A quiet exclusive residential area away from the crowded city centre.
· Local Area – Beautiful Sandymount Village and Strand are on our doorstep.
· Free Parking – No hidden charges as we have ample complimentary parking.
· Health & Safety – Your safety will always be our priority.
All of us at Sandymount Hotel are eagerly looking forward to giving you the most genuine warmest of welcomes and we can assure you that we will do our utmost to ensure you have a relaxing and enjoyable stay. In the meantime, stay healthy and well.
John & Gerard Loughran