A Message from The Loughran Family
TREAT YOURSELF TO A MEMORABLE DUBLIN STAYCATION!
We hope you and your loved ones are safe and well. No doubt, after prolonged lockdown, you are looking forward to a well-deserved break.
In May we quietly celebrated 66 years as Dublin’s oldest independent family run hotel. Over that time, with determination and effort we have survived a great many challenges.
Our loyal staff, some of whom have been with us for decades, are an extension of our family. We felt the absence of many of our wonderful team who could not be with us over the past 15 months. We are delighted and relieved to have them return to continue providing excellent service to our guests.
We are grateful to the small team, who have continued to work in the hotel throughout the pandemic. They have taken responsibility to assist us in protecting the business and ensuring maintenance of standards, leaving us in a position to safely resume looking after our guests.
We have recently installed extensive outdoor dining facilities. In front of the hotel, we have a very large patio and to the rear we have a beautiful garden terrace which is a real sun trap.
Because of our coastal location outside the city, we have recently seen a significant uptake in bookings. It is wonderful to see many regular guests planning to return to us.
Whether you are familiar with us, or considering your first visit, we would like to remind you of some of the reasons for choosing Sandymount Hotel:
So much to do and see:
• Chill with the locals on the picturesque Village Green.
• Join the joggers along the Sea Promenade.
• Enjoy the exhilarating expanse of Sandymount Strand.
• Watch the passing ships on Poolbeg Lighthouse walk.
• See the nestling swans on the River Dodder.
• Feed the ducks in Herbert Park.
• Visit Irishtown Nature Reserve.
• Super Kiddies playgrounds in Irishtown and Herbert Parks.
• Admire the stately houses on Shrewsbury and Ailesbury Rd.
• Recall great sporting events on the AVIVA Stadium tour.
• Visit the birthplace of WB Yeats.
• Have a bracing sea swim at Half Moon.
• By DART you can explore the entire coastline from Greystones to Malahide.
Why Sandymount Hotel (apart from its unbelievable location)?
• You will be supporting a unique Irish family-run hotel in Dublin.
• Professional dedicated staff, many have been with the hotel for years.
• Elegant and imposing Victorian terrace with open fires.
• Recently refurbished to the highest standard and design.
• 4* Luxury classic and executive bedrooms and suites.
• Safe and spacious with comfortable indoor and heated outdoor dining.
• Mouth-watering dishes prepared by Head Chef, Shane Doherty.
• Dublin city centre shopping only 5 minutes by DART.
• 'Europe's Leading Green Hotel' at the prestigious WTA awards.
• Incredible value.
All of us at Sandymount Hotel are eagerly looking forward to giving you the most genuine warmest of welcomes and we can assure you that we will do our utmost to ensure you have a relaxing and enjoyable stay. In the meantime, stay healthy and well.
John & Gerard Loughran